Saturday, September 1, 2012

Finally...it's time for an apartment tour :)

I live with another dancer, who is also my closest friend on campus, Kathryn, and a fashion merchandising major, Ali. Ali wants to specialize in costumes so her work study is in the costume section of the Dance Department. Basically, she helps create, fit, embellish and repair all of our costumes. She also has studied the French language for many years and is minoring in French. All of that to say, our apartment is very feminine :) In our living room we decided to do a black-and-white-Paris theme with purple accents (Kathryn and I both love purple). We used our own artwork as decorations because we're poor college students.

*side note* Kathryn and I are also poor dancers which are usually even worse off than the typical "starving artist". We both decided it was entirely unfair to be poor college students and poor dancers at the same time, but I guess we're putting ourselves through the torture voluntarily :P

Anyway, our apartment...

our front door 

our R.A. loves Dr. Seuss which is totally fine with me :) 

the view from the front door

the message board I put together so that we call all leave each other notes (I made one for my room too

behind the door 
(with drying umbrellas because it's Erie so it's usually raining)

dancer pictures from Kathryn's old calendar

Paris wall clings from my Mama

the back walls and the couch 
(the couch is covered in sheets we found that have a grey and white geometric pattern that is really hard to see in the sunlight in this picture) 
Also, the colorful quote squares are from my grandmother :) They were perfect for the back wall :) 

Henry's new home :) 

I think he likes it :) and he matches the pebbles rather nicely :) 

my elephant picture and the entrance to our rooms and the bathroom

Kathryn brought the green bean bag chairs and all the little decorative pillows from her house :) 

Ali's aunt gave us the TV cabinet which just so happened to match the theme perfectly
(and the closet door still mostly opens) 


our purple clock and Kathryn's ballerina painting

we bought a new lamp shade because the old one was covered in gross dust and we added some purple ribbon :) 

Kathryn's gorgeous painting :) 

we also bought the curtains and the tiny ottoman/coffee table with storage room inside 


A high school art assignment of Kathryn's that matched the room perfectly :) 

we tied the curtains back with purple ribbon too


entrance into the kitchen

my hummingbird drawing

our lovely, but very tiny kitchen

 an actually very nice stove and an entirely essential coffee pot

toaster and microwave from Kathryn's parents and purple rug from Kathryn as well 



Kathryn's boat painting which matched the kitchen quite well :) 

view of the living room from the kitchen


Ali's room

the bathroom

Kathryn's and my door (with extra towel storage because our bathroom is rather small) 

Kathryn's and my room

my dresser

yay little boxes (this is for my daddy :P ) 

my family :) :) :) 

family and friends :) 

I decided to go much more black-and-white than I originally planned in my room decoration because the black and white paper behind my mirror matched the flowers on the mirror perfectly and I found the paper in the Target dollar section :) 

extreme purple-ness

Kathryn's side of the room . . . 

. . . also with extreme purple-ness

Kathryn's jewelry (located behind the door) 

my side of the room
Kathryn decorated the closet door with more dance pictures :)

my desk 

books and ephalents :)


 more little boxes and some of my many notebooks (again this is particularly for my daddy :P )

(detailed blog post on the purple "posters" and the brown "posters" to come soon) 


. . . and that's the end of the tour :) But you should certainly come visit me in Erie sometime or at least write a letter because I love letters :) 



1 comment:

Katie said...

What. On. Earth.

This is not a college dorm; I refuse to believe it.