Thursday, September 13, 2012

college math

(finally maintaining correct pelvic alignment for more than a few seconds at a time in ballet class) + (jazz class) = extremely sore leg muscles

        pro: feeling each individual muscle as I move really helps with identifying when I'm using the "correct" muscle(s) and when I'm not

       cons: walking up stairs (the sounds effects go something like: *oww, oww, oww, oww . . . *, similar to the Muppaphone), walking uphill from my apartment to the main campus, moving in general without experiencing pain

____________

By the end of the trimester, I will definitely have increased my endurance and leg strength. Until then, Advil, hot showers, stretching and avoiding excessive moving will be my very close friends :)

____________

p.s. This is my 100th post :) :) :) My dad would be very proud of the fact that I chose to write about math in such an important post.

____________

p.p.s. My dad used to have red truck that could only play cassette tapes. Whenever any of my siblings and/or I got to ride in his truck with him, we would ALWAYS ask to listen to the Muppets tape. One of the tracks was the Muppaphone, Lady of Spain (see link above). I distinctly remember riding in the truck listening to the Muppets with the windows all the way down and my hair blowing in my face and Miriam and Zach or Joel singing along in the back. It seems like such a long time ago . . .

No comments: