Saturday, June 29, 2013

summer camp is so much fun :)

I honestly really like not being able to use my phone or get on the internet (except for right now because I have my hour off) :) I also (quite surprisingly) haven't minded waking up at 5:50 and I'm starting to get used to three meals a day (although I usually take a banana or apple with me when I leave the cafeteria).

I mostly love camp life. The mornings are a little chilly, but the cool air is quite refreshing on the way to the shower. The afternoons are a little hot, but I'm usually helping with a contemporary dance class (which is a such a fun class) in the air-conditioned dance studios :) The sky stays light until after 9:30. At about 9pm the sky is still light blue :) My campers this session are all on the quieter side (which is fine with me). It takes me a little while to get them talking, but we always have nice conversations :) They're also really respectful and really care about their music. Re-auditions are today so last night four of them were reading through their music until a minute before lights out and they slept with their music under their pillows :P

Along with assisting contemporary dance, I also have had time to take at least barre and sometimes all of ballet in the mornings and I'm helping with theater "movement" classes too. The dance teachers are all wonderful and I really like the "movement" teacher too :) The theme for this session's "movement" classes is animal acting. Yesterday we learned how to act like a chicken :)

No comments: