Sunday, June 12, 2011

tears

Tears have been streaming down my face for hours. Today was definitely the hardest "last day" I had to experience as a high school senior. I have moved to a new house and I have met new, and said goodbye to old, teachers and students throughout all of middle school and high school, but almost every single day, I have gone to the dance studios at Milstead. More of my life has been spent in those studios than anywhere else. Dance has been my constant, and even though I'll never stop dancing, I will no longer be with the students and teachers and mothers and friends I have grown up with. The various ages and levels and positions of people that make up my little ballet studio in Harford County have been a second family to me for eight years. I have made many irreplaceable friends in many places, but there's something different about the people you have danced with. You have a different connection with them than you will ever have other people. They understand your unexplainable connection to an art form that can never truly be documented. Each performance fades into the theatre never to be seen again. Video recordings will never convey the sweat, the blood, the tears, the emotional and physical stress and joy that make a ballet performance the beatifully breathtaking art that it is. Thank you to all the teachers and dancers that have made my dance experiences as amazing as they were. I'll be back as soon as I can...

No comments: