Wednesday, June 1, 2011

pressed

I would like to share an absolutely beautiful piece of writing I read today...
"I used to be a pianist.  Growing up I sat on the hard bench for hours each day.  The pads of each fingertip pressing into the ebony and pearl-like bars.  Just like a bar of gold holds worth so these bars hold worth of another kind.  Each reverberating tone is a voice.  My ears delight to hear the keys sing and praise as my fingers dance over them.  I’m transported to another world.  Loveliness that only comes from being pressed yet not broken.  We are all pressed at times.  Pushed and even pounded.  If we are willing it can produce a melody so beautiful that tears are the only perfect words for the soul.  An outpouring of praise.  A building crescendo that is a beauty so pristine yet it can only come through being touched.  Sometimes through pain.  Each persons life is one of those keys.  A voice.  Being played by the Master Composer. " ~Miss Elaini, http://misselainious.com/ 

To continue this thought: Our lives are being played by the Master Composer to bring Him glory. Sometimes joy and prosperity will bring that glory and other times it will be sadness and pain. We will never know, but He does...We just need to keep letting ourselves be played for His glory. 

No comments: