Friday, June 3, 2011

tonight

"Morning by morning I wake up to find
the power and comfort of God's hand in mine.
Season by season I watch him amazed, 
in awe of the mystery of his perfect ways.

All I have need of his hand will provide.
He's always been faithful to me.

I can't remember a trial or a pain 
he did not recycle to bring me gain.
I can't remember one single regret
in serving God only and trusting his hand.

This is my anthem, this is my song,
the theme of the stories I've heard for so long.
God has been faithful, he will be again.
His loving compassion, it knows no end."

~Sara Groves

Two of my dearest and most inspirational friends sang this song a few months ago when our school's beloved headmaster left to pursue a new path in serving the Lord. I had heard the song before, but it definitely left a more meaningful impact on me when I heard it that morning. During the few months since then, this song has become the anthem of this season of my life. It's been a rough year. My family has been overworked and stressed on a daily basis. However, it has been a good year. It's been good for many reasons, but mainly because God has been faithful. Each step I felt that I couldn't take, God was there providing in miraculous ways. From things like finding a ride home from school to things receiving large scholarships to multiple colleges, God has provided each step of the way. And now, I'm about to pursue a new path in my own life. Tonight I graduate from high school. I can hardly believe that I've been a senior all year, let alone grasp the fact that I'm graduating this very evening. Yet, through all the big transitions I'm about to make, I can trust God's faithfulness. 
God has been faithful, he will be again. 

No comments: