Wednesday, November 28, 2012

spider

There was an awesome jumping spider in Kathryn's and my room for a few days. He* kept showing up different places around the room. I thought it was fun to find him each day, but Kathryn wasn't so enthusiastic about it. She was terrified that she was going to wake up in the morning to find him on her face. I tried explaining that he wouldn't want to be on her face any more than she would want him there, but she remained unconvinced. I finally agreed to take him outside, but I wanted to take some pictures first. However, my camera doesn't have the best fine focus and I don't know how to use it very well so the pictures didn't turn out very well. 





Anyway, he looked like this
with a slight smaller abdomen 

Also, his orange spot was much cooler and he started rearing his fangs at me :) I didn't get any good pictures of that either :( 


*For all of you science people, I know that it could have been female. I'm not skilled enough in identifying jumping spiders to be able to distinguish types of leg hair. I just decided the spider was masculine because spiders, particularly hairy, black ones, seem masculine to me. 

No comments: