Monday, November 5, 2012

Bible Doctrine

I quite obviously haven't kept up with posting every day. These last few weeks have been absurdly busy. 
However, I just finished two dance finals today so I finally have a few free minutes and I wanted to post this :) 

This book has been so incredibly beneficial to me this week :) 


My dad gave me his copy of the book when I left for college which was so kind of him.
 He wouldn't let me leave for college without a copy of Bible Doctrine and a pocket knife :) 

I love having his copy of the book because I frequently find notes like this . . . 


Anyway, one of the guys who leads Bible Study (and has an incredible understanding of Scripture) was asked a question that he couldn't answer about the Devil. He was determined to find the answer so he asked the rest of the Bible Study Leadership Team. I brought my Bible Doctrine book to our meeting the next night. We were up until 1am researching the origin of angels and their purpose :) 

The next day my roommate asked why I was out so late and so I told her about researching angels and showed her Bible Doctrine. She was intrigued and spent the next 20 minutes reading part of the book. She then told me she was interested in getting a copy for herself :)

Today, my other roommate's boyfriend asked me about the Trinity again. We've had several conversations about it and we are going to talk about it again tomorrow, but I had to go at that particular moment so I handed him Bible Doctrine opened to the section on the Trinity. He spent the next half-an-hour reading the book as well. 

Thank you Lord for this wonderful book and all of the ways that it has been beneficial in understanding Your Word and glorifying You this week :) 

No comments: