Thursday, April 4, 2013

a letter without postmark

Dear Dove chocolates,

Thank you for your deliciousness, but pleeeaaase stop telling me that "daydreaming is free" on the inside of your wrappers.

Honestly, daydreaming isn't free at all. It's enslaving.

It teaches me to create my own plans for my future instead of trusting the Lord's plan for my future.
It teaches me to look to myself for fulfillment instead filling myself in the glory of my Savior.
It teaches me to create a "new", comfortable reality for myself instead of looking for ways to be a light in the reality Christ has given to me.
It allows me to entertain the thought that something could be more beautiful that the gospel at work in my heart and the world right now --- and that will NEVER be true.

thanks for making chocolate though,

Rachel :)

No comments: