Friday, January 6, 2012

traveling

Traveling back and forth between college and home has been quite the interesting endeavor for me. For the first time in my life, I am part of two entirely separate and unconnected "worlds" and I travel back and forth between them every couple of months. I feel a little bit like standing in an enchanted forest hopping into pools that become worlds all their own. However, my transition is little less picturesque and adventuresome and little more like teenagers sitting in the same cramped position inside of a packed car and dozing in and out of consciousnesses for eight hours. Anyway, it is strange to be constantly going back and forth between "worlds" because conversations, events, implications, etc. are isolated between places. Quite frequently, I will go to say something and realize that I am talking to the other group of people. After catching people up for fifteen minutes, what I was about to say kind-of looses its point.

No comments: