Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Reading in the Valley of Vision today I came upon a part of a prayer that immediately reminded me of this. I love it when the Lord reminds me of something he has introduced me to and how much more I still have to learn from it.

I think of the thy glory and my vileness,
                   thy majesty and my meanness,
                   thy beauty and my deformity, 
                   thy purity and my filth,
                   thy righteousness and my iniquity.
Thou hast loved me everlastingly, unchangeably,
     may I love thee as I am loved;
Thou hast given thyself for me,
    may I give myself to thee;
Thou hast died for me,
    may I live to thee,
         in every moment of my time,
         in every moment of my mind,
         in every pulse of my heart.
May I never dally with the world and its allurements,
    but walk by thy side,
         listen to they voice, 
         be clothed with thy graces,
         and adorned with thy righteousness. 

No comments: