Tuesday, December 14, 2010

hope

I have decided to post little thoughts and questions in between my annoyingly long and majorly in depth mini essays. Hopefully, in this way, I will be able to post more often and leave my readers with less headaches. So here is my thought for today (aided by our wonderful homeroom discussion as well as a literature discussion)...

 Often, when life is going well, we stop seeking God in the same way. We understand our dependence on Him the best when we experience trials. Does present happiness dim future hope? Hope requires dependence and some level of despair. While we should enjoy our experiences here on earth, we must not forget that they are tainted by sin and a better future awaits us.

What is the balance of finding happiness in present situations and yet never losing sight of the future of our lives/our hope in heaven?

No comments: