Thursday, March 20, 2014

The opening statements of this video certainly have a bit of an evolutionary worldview with which I would disagree, but the message is powerful.



The end is rather abrupt. And, doesn't reach a conclusion.

So, I'll just supply my own brief (and therefore far from comprehensive) conclusion.

There is beauty in community, but that beauty is much more true when the community is founded in a perfect standard and a perfect love and the desire to know that Love more deeply. It's not about personal promotion. It's about pursing Perfection in all of His glory. Conformity is not community.

"Resolved, That I will do whatsoever I think to be most to the glory of God, and my own good, profit, and pleasure, in the whole of my duration; without any consideration of the time, whether now, or never so many myriads of ages hence. Resolved, to do whatever I think to be my duty, and most for the good and advantage of mankind in general. Resolved, so to do, whatever difficulties I meet with, how many soever, and how great soever." ~Jonathan Edwards



No comments: