Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"ewwww, your feet!"

Soooo, my body is not used to modern dance . . . particularly post modern release technique . . . at all . . .

major lactic acid build-up (which I've really never experienced before), pounding headaches and massive bruises define the past 84 hours of my life  . . . along with 24 hours of dancing . . .

the pile of band-aids wrappers after I finished trying to rescue my feet last night

swollen, red, aching, raw feet (which you really didn't need to see)

. . . and you definitely don't need to see the bruises covering my knees and hips.

On a much more positive note, I love working with the guest choreographer (an alum) and I will be so much stronger once I finally build the stamina and mental strength to get through the piece without falling over (aside from the 28 times that I am intentionally supposed to fall over and get back up again as fast as possible). It was an honor to be chosen for the piece because of working with the guest choreographer and because only five girls were picked to be in the piece. Also, the piece is to a sound score (not "music") which is a new experience for me as well :) 

No comments: