Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mercyhurst

Things I like...
...the absolutely gorgeous and generally peaceful campus (every day I think I've found the new most beautiful spot on campus)
...free laundry and free printing
...unlimited access to the dining hall for super strange dance rehearsal times or peaches and Hershey's Brand ice cream at 9:30pm :)
...six blends of Starbucks coffee waiting in the dining hall for me every morning
...sitting on a bench in the marvelous park eating ice cream and discussing the perils of "balancing" being an AP high school student and a pre-professional ballet student

Things that have surprised me...
...having classes that start at 12:25 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and not being allowed to sign up for more classes because I'm a brand new Freshmen
...going back on pointe for the first time in three months and experiencing relatively little pain
...finding out that I was placed in a ballet class two levels up and I'm taking ballet with a few sophomores and juniors and several seniors as well as four other freshman
...loving ballet class and experiencing a general lack of nervousness in a new ballet class which is very rare for me
...looking down in the middle of modern to realize that I had blood on my hand and then realizing that I scraped my foot (I have really bony feet and there is a lot of floor work in modern) and it was bleeding
...listening to the modern teacher tell my class that the combination he gave in the last 20 minutes of class was now going to be video recorded one at a time
... realizing that having a last name that begins with C means that I got to go second in this impromptu solo performance which included several skills that I could not accomplish
...knowing that, as intimidated as I was, I will learn quite a bit from this modern teacher
...hearing about soooo many clubs and organizations that I could join and trying to restrain myself

No comments: